Join the community
AskNature is about finding the answers that are already out there in
the forests and prairies and coral reefs of this spectacular planet. It's also about finding like-minded people who want to redesign our
world so that it functions more like the natural world.
But AskNature is just getting started and needs your help to reach its potential.
How you can participate
- Create your profile and join the biomimicry community.
- Add your photos, scientific illustrations, and design sketches using the "Upload Image" link under the Gallery tab on every strategy page.* For detailed instructions on uploading images, view the image upload tutorial. For a list of photos we are targeting each month, see Help Us Spice Up AskNature.
- Volunteer to be a curator for a biological strategy page* on AskNature. While signed in to your account, use the link in the right hand column of a given strategy page to apply to be the curator of that page. For more on what it means to be a curator, check out our curator guide.
- Add new biological strategies to AskNature.
- Lead or join a discussion.
- Tell us how to make AskNature better by providing feedback.
- Invite your colleagues and friends to join AskNature from within your profile page.
- Donate to support AskNature.
- Get outside and let Nature be your mentor!
As you see, there is much to be done. We look forward to working with you.
* Strategy pages make up the core content of AskNature. Each strategy page highlights how an organism or ecosystem meets a given challenge. Those same strategies can be applied to human design challenges.